Please note that users must LOGIN to view the following webpages.
To use the webpages for each country please follow these instructions:
- Open the IPA tools for transcription (below)
- Read "Suggestions for how to listen" (below)
- Click on the language you want to listen to (Danish, Norweigan, Polish, Swedish, English, Finnish or Portuguese)
- Select age
- Select speech sample
- Open blank proforma (if available). NB! If you want to save the transcriptions, save the blank proforma on your desktop before you start using it.
- Listen / watch and fill in blank proforma using copy-past from the the "Cleft picker"
- Compare with suggested answers
- For assessment of resonance (hyper- and hyponasality) click on the icon below the video clip (if available)
Print out the IPA and ExtIPA charts (further IPA resources can be viewed on the IPA webite):